segunda-feira, 20 de agosto de 2012

Busy Busy Busy

Hello!
Is there anyone still here?
I have been silent for so long, I know... I have been with so much work this last few months you can't imagine. Even now, I should be finishing a report, but I just came back from a 2 week vacation, and I though a few minutes to say hello to you won't make much of a difference.

So... I have been traveling this past few months! I went to Athens for a meeting in June, and last month to Chipindo in Angola (Africa) for geologist field work.

I loved both experiences. The greek are super nice and I loved Athens! It wasn't what I was expecting... but I loved it!

 


Then, a month later, I got to go to Chipindo (Huila Province in Angola) for geological field work.
I have to say it was the best experience ever. Everyone was so nice, friendly and always laughing. I was so lucky to have a very professional team from Angola, and when the work is going well and nobody gets hurt, and in top of that you get to work with amazing people that make you laugh until there's tears in your eyes.... What more can you ask?

There's some photos for you! Didn't see any wild animals, but there were aligators, snakes and deers there.


 Selling bread in Huambo 

 These children were a little bit afraid of me

 Making the corn flower (Fuba de Milho)

 At the Primary School of Chipindo

  At the Primary School of Chipindo (My favorite photo)

 And this is me! Happy fluffy geologist :)

Now I just want to have a little time to get nanouke back on track for the holidays!
I have listed a new bracelet and will list a couple of new things on the next few weeks.

Hugs to you all!

1 comentário:

Ruby Clover disse...

i love the photos, what an amazing trip!! i'm sure i'll never visit angola, so i'm glad to see pix from you...can't wait to see your new jewels too xox